5 Ιουλ 2022

Selected Poems by Andreas Kapandreou translated in English





Elections

You hurt me like a rusty nail piercing my skin.

Fortunately, I have had a tetanus vaccine.

You disappoint me like bad medical test results

but I find the strength to heal. 

You betray me like an unfaithful mistress.

But my sick ego does not let me leave you…

I expect nothing from you.

But I hope for everything!




Love and Swallows

One swallow doesn’t make a summer.

A Maria, though, can.

But alas! The seasons change.

Swallows come and go.

So do Marias.



In the Aquarium

The fish in the aquarium live happily

This glass tank is their whole universe.

 

Their feeding is being decided by a superior power

and if they start starving, cannibalise will begin.

 

The aquarium is now blurred

but no one cares about what is happening

no one can even imagine!

 

Our whole universe is an aquarium

where we feel settled in our comfort zone.

 

Cannibalism runs in our veins

we live and dream a lie.

 

The aquarium is now blurred

but no one cares

and what is out there

no one can even imagine!

 

You little mermaid, I know you suffocate

but out of  your waters you wiggle to death.

 

And I will live here forever

stuck in this filthy bottom

and I shall never know what is out there.


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: